The Long Island Chapter is a great resource for all Accounting and Finance professionals. We provide quality, informative, in-person educational programs by professional speakers to assist in meeting your education requirements and to keep you up to date on the latest management accountant topics.
Our breakfast and dinner programs offer an opportunity for financial decision makers to meet and share best practices in an informal environment. Our members often comment on how they enjoy the opportunity to meet other financial professional to brainstorm on new ideas.
Our Chapter is comprised of a vast array of professionals including Accounting, Legal, Service Providers, Academic, Young Professionals and Students. You will benefit from a unique networking experience when you attend our events.
Every year, we strive to bring local value to your membership. We are able to do this through several key initiatives:
- CMA – Certified Management Accountant designation. Independent of other certifications, you must pass a rigorous 2 part exam that covers 11 competencies. The CMA program is designed to validate mastery of the advanced skills required to manage finance functions within your organization*
- Communication – reaching out to our members via a monthly newsletter, redesigned website, LinkededIn and Twitter accounts to keep you in the know of Chapter events and information and keep you in touch with our global organization easily
- Education – bringing quality speakers local to you with informative, timely topics to increase your knowledge base
- Employment - the IMA is able to bring connections to financial positions that may or may not be publicized in other arenas. We accept resumes for financial positions and upon discussion with the candidate, will present to applicable positions
- Membership/Young Professionals – membership in the IMA has many benefits. In addition to the networking events, educational offerings and employment opportunities, there are many insurance and discount programs that members can benefit from
- Sponsorship - the Long Island Chapter offers several sponsorship opportunities including dinner, breakfast and student sponsorships as well as newsletter and other advertisements. Your sponsorship and/or advertisement is seen by a vast array of professionals locally on Long Island as well as nationally, and is instrumental in our ability to provide quality programs
- Student Activities – reaching out to local Colleges and Universities, creating student chapters, encouraging and teaching students the importance, relevance and benefits of belonging to a professional organization