If you are in transition or hiring, the Long Island Chapter of the IMA is here to help.
As an organization, we are always looking for ways to enhance the benefits we offer to members and member companies. As Chair of Employment Services for the chapter, our committee is here to act as a liaison between members who are looking for employment and companies who contact our chapter with open positions, without opening the posting company or member to unwanted solicitation from recruiting agencies. We are also here to help members in transition with resume writing and interview skills workshops.
For members who are seeking new positions, we can help in the following ways:
- We will engage the Long Island business community to gather and post open positions.
- Members may submit a copy of their resume to our employment service chair in response to a specific posting or for us to keep in our data base. Members may also submit resumes in the strictest confidence.
For companies who have accounting and finance positions they would like to fill:
- The Long Island Chapter of the IMA will post open positions on the website for members. The Long Island Chapter of the IMA will post open positions on the website for members. As a professional organization, we are aware of the confidential nature of these postings and will limit information about the posting company to provide anonymity.
- We will review resumes to ensure that minimum requirements are met to filter the number of resumes that are forwarded in response to each posting.
Contact our employment chair Janine Howe
Rapidly growing medical practice with multiple locations is looking to bring on a part-time Assistant Controller. Our practice is committed to being a one of a kind healthcare provider, with a premiere commitment to customer service.
As Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for helping to
- Create monthly financial report preparation – statements, memos and monthly variance
- Budget and cash flow planning and analysis
- Responsible for Accounts payable
- Working with outside accountant for tax preparation
- Create monthly trends including top line and detail
- Track and report billings and collections on an individual physician basis
- Assist with payroll of different entities
Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years as a successful accountant in Accounting Department - Health Field related preferred; CPA preferred but not required
(REQUIRED to apply)
- Mastery of Excel and quickbooks
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
This is initially a part-time position but has the opportunity to become full time in 3 to 6 months. We offer an excellent benefits package including paid health benefits, vacation and retirement plan. Please note that this is an on-site position so only apply if you are a local candidate. Interested applicants should email Vijay Bachani, COO (firstname.lastname@example.org).