If you are in transition or hiring, the Long Island Chapter of the IMA is here to help.
As an organization, we are always looking for ways to enhance the benefits we offer to members and member companies. As Chair of Employment Services for the chapter, our committee is here to act as a liaison between members who are looking for employment and companies who contact our chapter with open positions, without opening the posting company or member to unwanted solicitation from recruiting agencies. We are also here to help members in transition with resume writing and interview skills workshops.
For members who are seeking new positions, we can help in the following ways:
- We will engage the Long Island business community to gather and post open positions.
- Members may submit a copy of their resume to our employment service chair in response to a specific posting or for us to keep in our data base. Members may also submit resumes in the strictest confidence.
For companies who have accounting and finance positions they would like to fill:
- The Long Island Chapter of the IMA will post open positions on the website for members. The Long Island Chapter of the IMA will post open positions on the website for members. As a professional organization, we are aware of the confidential nature of these postings and will limit information about the posting company to provide anonymity.
- We will review resumes to ensure that minimum requirements are met to filter the number of resumes that are forwarded in response to each posting.
Contact our employment chair Janine Howe
- Job Classification: Accountant: Salary based on experience. Job Description: Accounting position at a fast-growing payroll services and human resources information system (“HRIS”) provider headquartered in, L.I., NY. Looking for the right person to supervise, track, and evaluate day to day activities. Your responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information.
- Job Classification: Bookkeeper. Salary based on experience. Job Description: Position at a fast-growing payroll services and human resources information system (“HRIS”) provider headquartered in, L.I., NY. Candidate will have excellent time management and organizational skills. Ideal candidate will accurately perform data entry and/or verify information with attention to detail, be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Job Classification: Controller-Physicians Group serving over 150,000 patients seeking full time Controller for growing finance team. Minimum of 5 years Corporate Controller experience required. A CPA or MBA is a plus but not required.
- Job Classification: Enterprise Risk Management Analyst- LIPA is seeking a candidate of Analyst to report to Director of Risk Management. The ERM Program seeks to implement a risk identification, mitigation, and an active risk management program by utilizing a bottom-up (department level) approach to identify risks and mitigation plans for LIPA and its major service provider, PSEG Long Island.
- Job Classification: Enterprise Risk Management Program Manager- LIPA is seeking a manager to report to Director of Risk Management. Ultimately, the ERM Program strives to help management develop effective business strategies, while the rest of the organization focuses on development and monitoring the effectiveness of mitigation strategies. This approach enables management to consider the highest ranked risks across the organization when prioritizing capital allocations to reduce the likelihood and severity of risks which may affect the achievement of the utility’s mission, goals and key priorities.